Is God Calling You to Join Us?
Millions of people in Asia are waiting to hear the message of hope and forgiveness in Christ. But as national missionaries faithfully proclaim the Gospel in unreached villages, thousands of men, women and children are finding eternal hope. The fields are ripe for the harvest, just as the Lord has said!
Sending out these national workers to reach the most unreached wouldn't be possible without Gospel for Asia's home office staff. Each of us has heard the Lord's call to work behind the scenes, ministering to both national workers in Asia and the Body of Christ worldwide. More than just a job, our service is a ministry that helps grow Christ's kingdom.
If God is calling you to do something eternally significant with your life and help reach the most unreached for Christ, Gospel for Asia may be the place for you.
Preliminary Staff Application Form
For information about positions in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, or Korea please contact your national office.
The Home Staff
Serving on GFA's home staff is much more than 9-to-5 office work for one family member. Spouses and even children get involved in activities such as prayer meetings, writing newsletters to support teams, extending hospitality to visitors and cleaning the office. GFA is a great place to grow spiritually while also playing a vital role in reaching this generation for Christ.
Compensation and Support-Raising
Gospel for Asia home office staff raise their own financial support to cover their salary and medical insurance needs. Support levels are adequate to live modestly in the Port Elizabeth suburban area and are determined by need and family size.
Why We Raise Our Own Support
- For more than 30 years, GFA has honored its pledge to send 100 percent of funds received for missions directly to the mission field; nothing is taken out for administrative expenses. Instead, GFA has a separate fund for administration needs.
- Home team staff are personally responsible for developing and maintaining our own team of supporters who will pray for us and contribute toward our individual salary and medical aid needs.
- GFA provides training, materials and a mentor to walk alongside each new staff member through the support-raising process.
Through the process of raising support, the Lord showed me that He is completely faithful to provide for all my needs and in ways I didn't expect."
— Jen S.
Minimum Staff Requirements
- Believer in Jesus Christ who adheres to GFA's Statement of Faith
- Consistent growth in godliness and spiritual maturity in your Christian walk for three years or longer
- A passion to reach the lost
- South African citizen or permanent resident
- Good English communication skills
- Humble in spirit and willing to serve where most needed
- If married, spouses share the same calling and will apply to serve together (to the extent possible, given family responsibilities).
If you believe the Lord may be calling you to a radical commitment to help reach men and women in Asia for Christ, here are the first few steps you should take:
- Learn more about Gospel for Asia. Our website is filled with free downloadable materials to better acquaint you with our mission and vision.
- If you haven't read K.P. Yohannan's book Revolution in World Missions, make sure to order your free copy as soon as possible. Another book that will help you understand GFA's culture is Touching Godliness.
- It is generally wise to seek counsel from those in spiritual authority over you, such as your pastor and others. Ask them if they see the Lord's calling on you for this kind of full-time ministry.
- Set apart some time to fast and pray for God's wisdom and direction.
- Let GFA know about your interest in joining staff. Fill out a preliminary application form, which will be directed to our staff recruiter.
Preliminary Staff Application Form